- Eric Holder’s NDRC has a new President and a new Executive Director.
- Multiple lawsuits moving through the courts could help Republicans gain seats in 2024.
- The U.S. Census Bureau delivered the 2022 county-level population estimates on March 30, 2023.
- FiveThirtyEight released a feature on “The Hidden Stories In The U.S. Census.”
- The Census Bureau released information on how Hispanics self-reported their race on the 2020 Census.
- Large counties and counties with universities saw population gains after experiencing significant population loss during the pandemic.
- The Biden Administration is looking into how to differentiate between Black Americans who have immigrated recently versus those descended from slaves.
- Parties filed supplemental briefing on how the North Carolina Supreme Court’s rehearing of Moore v. Harper impacts SCOTUS’ jurisdiction. Positions varied.
- SCOTUS considered a cert petition from the ACLU, CLC, and NDRC in Alonzo v. Schwab (KS), but declined to take it up.
The city of Jacksonville is reportedly nearing a settlement with civil rights groups that sued the city over its 2022 district map.
The Montana legislature is advancing a constitutional amendment to modify the state's redistricting process.
American Redistricting Project Updates