On January 31, 2022 the Florida Supreme Court issued an order directing the Clerk of Court to open this case in anticipation of the Florida Attorney General's petitioning the Court for a declaratory judgment as to the validity of the Florida Legislature's joint resolution of legislative apportionment as provided under article III, § 16(c) of the Florida Constitution. The Attorney General filed the petition on February 9, 2022, and ten days later both chambers of the Florida Legislature submitted briefs in support of the joint resolution.
On March 3, 2022 the Court issued its opinion approving the joint resolution of apportionment as valid, thereby allowing the maps to go into effect.
Florida Supreme Court - No. SC22-131
- Order - 1/31/22
- Petition for Declaratory Judgment - 2/9/22
- Petition Appendix - 2/9/22
- Order - 2/15/22
- Brief of the Florida Senate Supporting the Validity of the Apportionment - 2/19/22
- Appendix of the Florida Senate - 2/19/22
- Brief of the Florida House of Representatives - 2/19/22
- Appendix to Brief of the Florida House of Representatives - 2/19/22
- Opinion - 3/3/22